This is the department of the conference that supervises the activities of the young people’s organisation in the church. The department is located within the premises of Wesley College, Elekuro Ibadan. It has the Coordinator as the head of the department.
The following arms are under the department and are been supervised by the Coordinator. Who is currently The Very Rev Iroegbu Friday George.
1. Methodist Youth fellowship (MYF)
2. Methodist Campus fellowship (MCF)
3. Association of Methodist Brigade (AMB)
4. Methodist Children Ministry (MCM)
5. Fellowship of Methodist Coppers (FMC)
SOME OF THE ACTIVITIES AND MILESTONES
THE YOUTH FELLOWSHIP
Some of the activities of the youth fellowship at the conference level include:
1. Conference youth week which comes-up on the last week of every July and ends with a thanksgiving on the last Sunday of July.
2. National youth convention which is a bi-annual program.
3. Presidents Summit/Enlarge Excos Meeting which comes up yearly.
4. National Youth election which comes up every three years.
Note: There are some other programmes of the National Youth Fellowship that comes up within the years as occasion arises. Such as:
- Rural Evangelism
- Skill acquisition programs
- Outreaches etc
It is also important to note that at the different levels of the Youth Fellowship as an arm of the church, they equally run other programmes/ activities.
By the grace of God, the National Youth Fellowship has successful conducted her second election after a period of Crisis and Caretaker regime.
Secondly, the fellowship has come up with an approved by law to guide the activities of the programme. (On Print).
THE CHILDREN MINISTRY
The Conference Children Ministry programmes include.
1. Conference children ministry week, which comes up every last week in the month of May every year.
2. Annual Superintendents and officers meeting which comes up every last weekends in September.
3. Conference Sunday school Annual examination which comes up every last Sunday in August.
4. Aside these, the other levels of the Children Ministry have their programmes to run within the year.
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
1. Publication of the children Ministry teaching Manual volume 1&2
2. Publication of Children ministry Handbook
3. ongoing data collection of all superintendents
4. Production of approved Logo/Crest.
METHODIST CAMPUS FELLOWSHIP
The MCF has a great role to play of which they has been doing greatly. Looking at her vision which is to create an avenue whereby Methodist students in every higher institution in the country can come together as a Christian body and have constant fellowship in the Lord.
They have their programmes ranging from National, Section, Zonal and Chapter Conventions. This is targeted in the actualizing the overall vision and mission of the church.
ASSOCIATION OF METHODIST BRIGADE
This arm of the department also has her programs across all the levels of the church. Such programs include:
National Office Bearer's meeting.
National Camp meeting. Etc.
HOW THE DEPARTMENT HAS BEEN CONTRIBUTING TO THE VISION AND MISSION OF THE CHURCH.
The children and youth works department has contributed alot and is still contributing to the overall vision and mission of the church. The department as an organ of the church does not do anything in isolation. Her own vision and mission hinges solely on the vision and mission of the mother church which serves as the umbrella.
Her contribution are clearly captured in her vision and mission which of course serves as a booster to the vision of becoming one of the largest and spiritually vibrant church in Nigeria and the mission which is to consistently win more souls for Christ, developing spiritually fulfilled members and of course to remain very active in serving humanity. It is worthy to note that all our programs aim at achieving this.
THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE DEPARTMENT
* To bring every young person in the church to a full realization as an avowed disciple of Christ called to active ministry of the church.
* To train every young person for active membership and leadership in the church and for the larger society.
* To help every young person to attain fullness of life in body, mind and Spirit.
* To make certain that the affair of the youth are ever kept before the whole church and that young people are constantly brought in closet contact with the partnership with adult and children.
Vision and mission of MCN Children and youth Department
VISION: Transforming the lives of young people in order to build a sustainable future for the church And society.
Mission: To consistently seek opportunities of training and developing spiritually, socially, economically and intellectual balanced youths who will be ready for service in the Methodist Church Nigeria and beyond.
Children and youth work department has an oversight responsibility over the following youth organizations.
Very Rev. Dr. Friday Iroegbu George
Children's/Youth Work Coordinator