Director of Finance
Mr. Kolawole Peter Bankole
INCOME MONITORING SECTION
The Conference set up Income Monitoring Unit which is for the smooth monitoring of the key remittances as an arm of the Accounts Department to monitor payments and remittances of all Conference funds. Presently, eight (8) Income Monitoring Officers and one (1) Income Monitoring Coordinator are employed for all Archdioceses to bring about more efficiency in Conference funds monitoring and remittances. The unit is empowered to instill discipline and recover short falls and bring culprits to book.
ARCH-DIOCESE INCOME MONITORING OFFICERS DETAILS
1. Eight (8) Archdiocesan Income Monitoring officers will be retained for the 17 Archdioceses and Trinity Church Council in the year 2022 to conduct monitoring duties on quarterly basis, which makes their visitations to be four (4) times a year.
ARCHDIOCESANS GROUPING/AREAS COVERED
2. The grouping/assignments of the Archdioceses and Trinity Church Council remained the same thus:
(i) Lagos/Lagos Mainland/Trinity Church Council
(v) Benue ( a sole group because of the massive Methodist presence in the Archdiocese)
(vi) Uyo/Ikot Ekpene/Port Harcourt
PERSONAL DETAILS OF ARCHDIOCESE INCOME MONITORING OFFICERS
Name: ONOJA, EMMANUEL.
Areas Covered: Archdiocese of Abuja and Kaduna.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Dada Olayemi,
Areas Covered: Archdioceses of Ilesa & Igbobini
Gsm: 08033437358 (call & WhatsApp)
Name: Elder Dan Chuku
Areas Covered: Archdioceses of Enugu and Okigwe.
Email: dan_chuku @ yahoo .com
Name: Mrs. Olaegbe Adelarin
Areas Covered: Archdioceses of Ibadan and RIYE
Name: High chief Kenneth Obi Okonkor (JP)
Areas Covered: Archdioceses of Aba, Umuahia & Calabar.
Name: Mrs. Philips-Adeoye Olufisayo
Areas Covered: Archdioceses of Lagos, Lagos Mainland and Tinubu
Name: Mr. Emmanuel A. Akpanudom
Areas Covered : Ikot Ekpene / Port Harcourt / Uyo Archdioceses
Gsm: 234 806 054 9626
NAME: Simon Shuaibu
Areas Covered: Archdiocese of Benue. (Igede, Apa, Makurdi, Otukpo, Adinu, Oyongo, Ito and Enone)
GSM: 07031597166 (call & Whatsapp)
5. DIOCESAN ASSESSMENT
The Diocese is empowered to assess Circuits under it for the purpose of meeting Diocesan expenditures. The Diocese can also lay any other levy as it is deemed necessary from time to time to meet any exigencies.
6. CIRCUIT ASSESSMENT
The quarterly meeting is also empowered to assess Churches under it for the purpose of meeting Circuit expenditures and assessments. Aside this, the Circuit may lay any other levy as it deemed necessary from time to time to meet any exigencies.
The amount left in the Trust Account of the local Church after fulfilling all obligations is used to run the Church and meet needs.
Section 412 and 413 of the Constitution stipulate the funds accruable to the Circuit and how such funds are to be distributed.
7. GENERAL APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS
• Section 420 of the Constitution provides the following:
- 5% of all funds at all levels for welfare of Members and Ministers. This is to be used to provide scholarship for Education, assist Widows, Orphans under privileged, homeless, the disadvantaged in the society and generally to assist the Clergy.
- 20% of all funds at all levels for Evangelism.
The above mentioned appropriation of funds is mandatory and should be made top priority.
8. APPROPRIATION OF CONFERENCE FUNDS
Apart from statutory provisions of 5% and 20% respectively for Welfare and Evangelism. The funds of the Conference are utilized for the following purposes.
• Day to day running of the Conference Headquarters, including payments of emoluments for the Ministerial staff and lay workers employed to work in the Headquarters.
• Running of all Conference Institutions and Establishments such as Methodist Theological Institutes at Sagamu, Umuahia, and Zonkwa, subvention to Immanuel College of Theology (jointly owned by Anglican Communion and Methodist Church Nigeria), other Training and training collaborations like Cliff College, hospitals, colonies at Uzuakoli etc.
• Payment of Pensions to retired Ministers as well as Ministers’ widows’ allowances and others.
• Other internal and external activities due to Ecumenical and Interdenominational involvements and international interactions.
9. DISCOVERIES – WRONG PRACTICES
The following have been discovered and must be desisted from:
• Poor and improper record keeping of financial dealings and remittances.
• Non-compliance with Conference directives as regards prompts payments and remittances to appropriate quarters.
• Using wrong codes for remittances. This often leads to unidentified deposits on records from banks.
• Poor inter-relationships between different levels, connivance between lay officers and Ministers to distort facts and misappropriate Church funds, lack of responsibilities, accountability, transparency and integrity.
• Sentimental approach to Conference Institutions especially WUSTO, resulting to poor motivation towards funding of the Institutions.
10. CONSEQUENCES OF WRONG ACTIONS OR INACTIVITY
(a) On the Church
• Wrong impression that the Church is poor and cannot adequately finance itself, in spite of wide range of opportunities and resources at its disposal.
• Enrichment of the local Churches and some selfish Ministers at the expense of the Conference.
(b) On the Minister - Penalties
• Any Minister caught violating Conference orders will be considered infidel and irresponsible, such minister is recommended for appropriate sanctions and disciplinary measures through a Minor Synod or any other panel. He or she can be shown the way out at any point in time.
• Promotion from one level or status to the other i.e. from the status of a deacon to the status of a priest, and that of a priest to the status of a Presbyter is based upon performances and compliances with Conference directives amongst other statutory conditions to be fulfilled. Any Minister found wanting will forfeit promotion and other ministerial opportunities.
For anyone to receive wholesome blessing you need to put in wholesome obedience by complying with all Conference directives and help to promote the much cherished repositioning efforts of the Church.
At your level, i.e. just about to be commissioned, you are given a mandate like the great commission of the Apostles in Matthew 28: 19, “To go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” Jesus also added in John 15: 16. “You did not choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.”
JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR INCOME MONITORING OFFICERS
1. Expected to be in the field most of the times checking records and prompting Churches to remit accurate monies on time to the Conference Headquarters.
2. Play a dominant role in achieving the yearly budgeted figures for Seed of Faith, 10% of Tithes and WUSTO by preparing credible time table of activities and diligently pursue set goals.
3. Check Local Churches record of Seed of Faith, 10% of Tithes and Wesley University contributions and correctly identified lapses. Bring violation of Conference orders to book and recover any money short paid or dumped into local accounts or misappropriated.
4. Bring to Management attention identified dishonest attitudes of short-payment or wrong lodgment of Conference funds into local accounts, misappropriation and payment of flat rates agreed upon locally as 10% of Tithes.
5. Through field visits, collate the population census of members of local churches and Preaching stations throughout the Conference area.
6. Submission of regular report of activities to MCN Headquarters Management
7. Liaise with the Income Statistics Coordinator with the aim of assisting to resolve outstanding/ pending matters with the respective Dioceses.
Kehinde Ezekiel Awolola
Conference Income Monitoring Coordinator
Gsm: 0803 473 7430 (Whatsapp, D/Line)
Methodist CUG: 0811 669 1270
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Income Statistics Section
This unit is in charge of analyzing payment of Conference Remittances from Local Churches, Circuits, Dioceses and Archdiocese on;
1. Seed of Faitth
2. 10% of Tithes and
The unit after analyzing the payment give report on Diocesan basis. The unit also give remittance code to new churches.You can contact the Income Statistics Coordinator for any other information relating to Conference Remittances.
Thanks and GOD bless.
OFFICERS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
Director of Finance
Mr. Kolawole Peter Bankole
Mr Yemi Bankole
Assistant Financial Accountant
Mr Michael Uzobuaku
Mr Godwin Okon
Mr Emmanuel Odunlami
Mrs Lawson Adebodun
Income Statistics Unit
Mr Oluwafemi Owoeye
Income Statistics Officer1
Income Statistics Officer2
Income Monitoring Coordinator
Mr Kehinde Awolola
All 8 Archdiocesan Income Monitoring Officers report to Income Monitoring Coordinator.
Oluwafemi OwoeyeConference Income Statistics CoordinatorMethodist Church Nigeria08098489900 / email@example.com